Several awards and scholarships are presented each year by TACD. Additional awards are availble from the Tennessee Department of Agriculture and the National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD).
Information about TACD awards and scholarships is available on the tabs below as PDF files. Move your mouse to the lower right side of the document for links to download copies. Links at the bottom of the page open pages on TACD partner/affiliate sites.
This page is being revised.
(revised April, 2009)
Download a copy of the Category I Nomination Form here.
Conservation Promotion Award - Category II
Tennessee Association of Conservation Districts Awards Program - Category II Award
Conservation Promotion Award
Sponsored by the Tennessee Association of Conservation Districts
- Each of Tennessee’s 95 Soil Conservation Districts may recognize a District Conservation Promotion Award. This recognition may include firms, individuals, media outlets or institutions that have made significant contributions in the promotion of Soil and Water Conservation. The District winner’s name and documentation may be submitted to the respective TACD Area Director by May 31st of each year for consideration as the Area Conservation Promotion Award.
- Judging and selection of Area winners will be arranged by each TACD Area Director. The Area winner will be recognized at the Summer Divisional Meeting by the respective Area Director. Upon selection of the Area winner, the TACD Area Director will forward the yearly winner’s documentation to the appropriate TACD Divisional Vice-President by June 30th of each year.
- Judging and selection of each Divisional winner will be arranged by each TACD Divisional Vice-President. The Division winner will be recognized at the Summer Divisional Meeting following the announcement of the Area winners in that Division and be made by the TACD Division Vice-President. Upon selection of the Divisional winner, the TACD Divisional Vice-President will forward the documentation to the Chairman of the TACD Awards Committee by September 30th of each year.
- The TACD Awards Committee is responsible for the judging and selection of the Category II, TACD Conservation Promotion Award. The announcement of the state winner will be made at the TACD Annual Meeting of the following year during the annual Awards Breakfast. The TACD Awards Committee will make the final selection by November 30th of each year to aid in the planning of the Awards Breakfast at the next TACD Annual Meeting.
- Recipient should be located within the District making the nomination or provide substantial services to agriculture and conservation activities within the District.
- Documentation should consist of 2 or fewer typewritten pages detailing accomplishments with supporting documents such as:
- Newspaper articles or other exhibits showing activities for which nomination is being made.Newspaper articles or other exhibits showing activities for which nomination is being made.
- Other information which is sufficient for the judges to determine what was done and the possible effects on District programs or activities.
- Digital photographs of individuals, groups or others appropriate should accompany the nomination. Additional digital photographs should be provided of the activities for which the nomination is being made. No more than 15 to 20 digital photographs should be included in the nomination. Additionally, a CD on which the nomination and digital photographs are included should be attached to the nomination.Digital photographs of individuals, family or others appropriate should accompany the nomination. Additional digital photographs should be provided of the activities for which the nomination is being made. No more than 15 to 20 digital photographs should be included in the nomination. Additionally, a CD on which the nomination and digital photographs are included should be attached to the nomination.
- Please note that the documentation and digital photos should be duplicates in that all information will be retained by TACD.
Recognition of winners at each level will be as follows:
- The District should provide suitable recognition for District winners of the Category II award.
- The TACD Area winner should be provided a plaque, certificate or other appropriate recognition. The award is to be provided from funds raised from within the Area or Division.
- The TACD Divisional winner should be provided an appropriate plaque. Again, the award is to be provided from funds raised from within the Area or Division.
- The TACD Conservation Promotion Award winner for the year will be provided a plaque and gift certificate or cash award as appropriate and as determined by the TACD Awards Committee.
Additional assistance and information:
Any additional assistance is available through the TACD Awards Committee Chairman’s office or the TACD Executive Director.
(revised April, 2009)
Download a copy of the Category II Nomination Form here.
Additional awards and scholarships are available from the organizations below:
National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD)